Friday, November 2, 2012

How is Kahsay Doing?

So many of you have asked how Kahsay is doing.  I think it is time I introduce you to our little man.
(Sorry the list is really long)

1. I have been home now for 4 months.
2. I weigh about 18 pounds and have the cutest thunder thighs.
3. I have beautiful brown eyes that bring attention everywhere I go.
4. I am REALLY loud.
5. I seem to grow the majority of my hair on my left side and it seems to grow in tufts.  My mom is ready to finally cut it so it evens out a bit.
6. I did wear a helmet 23 hours a day but my orthotist decided to have me take it off until he is sure it is safe for me to wear it.
7. I have acid reflux really bad and take Prevacid one time per day.
8. I go to bed at 6:00 and usually wake up at 6:00.  Most of the time I also wake up 1 or 2 times per night (only because I am sure my mom misses seeing me.)
9. I have three sisters who fight over me and love to make me laugh.
10. My laugh is contagious and sounds like Woody the Woodpecker when I am tired.
11. I go to physical therapy on Mondays to work on muscle control, eye tracking, and so much more.
12. I have only been home 4 months and have had an EEG, an MRI, 2 eye exams,  a swallow study, a head x ray, a Urology exam, 3 head scans, and a few I can't even remember.
13. I like riding in the car.
14. I go to Occupational Therapy on Fridays.  My therapist works with me on muscle awareness, sensory processing, and so much more.
15. I usually cry (really hard) for my therapy appointments because they make me do hard things.
16. I silently aspirate (when food, liquids, or stomach contents are swallowed poorly, and go into the lungs by mistake). with every swallow.  They are trying to thicken my bottles to make this better.  This is a work in progress.
17. If thickening my bottles doesn't work I will have to go to an ENT to see why this is happening.
18. I hate to eat anything but Soy Formula.  Eating baby food makes me gag and sends my senses through the roof.
19. I am going to feeding therapy 2 times per week so that I get better at that.
20. I am obsessed with my jumperoo.
21. My favorite song is the theme song from VBS called "Fly".  My family can sing this to me and I will stop crying.
22. My therapists are probably so sick of hearing this song.  My mom sings it at least 5 times during my therapy sessions.
23. My sister Gabbie loves to carry me around and help take care of me.
24. My sister Alexa likes to play a game called "bullet" with me.  She lays me down and then pulls me up like a bullet.
25. My sister Maia sings "Fly" to me. Sometimes I wish she would come to therapy because I get sick of hearing my mom sing it.
26. I have left side weakness and hate to grab or touch anything with my left hand.
27. I have poor tongue and lip control so my tongue is always hanging outside of my mouth.  I figured it's the best way to see which way the wind is blowing.
28. When I fall asleep I rock my head back and forth to soothe myself.
29. I love when my mom and dad rock me and feed me my bottle before I go to bed.
30. I take 2 naps a day.
31. I can roll over both ways.
32. After dinner my family sings songs and I get so excited to join them at the dinner table.
33. I can sit up but for only a couple minutes on my own.
34. I have trouble seeing clearly, but my parents and doctors are still trying to figure that one out.
35. When I am fussy my mom lays me on the floor next to my CD player and I am in heaven.
36.  I know a large portion of my brain is not there, but I promise you if you hang with me you would never know.
37. I still sometimes struggle in new places.
38. I think my bath is the bomb.
39. Because I silently aspirate I could be more likely to get pneumonia.  When I get a cold my cough is really bad and usually makes me puke.
40.  I give my mom lots and lots and lots of laundry.
41. People in public are always stopping my mom to tell her how cute I am.
42. I do not play with toys or grab them so my entertainment usually comes from bouncing or jumping.
43. I have already and will continue to change the lives of those who meet me.
44. God is not done with me yet.

6 comments:

  1. Love this! Sounds like a precious baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your list, Kahsay! Thanks for sharing & can't wait to see you in 20 sleeps :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This made me smile! I love you guys and that little boy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your list :-) I must confess, when I read 27, I laughed out loud. That was the best one :-) Such an awesome little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like such a sweet wonderfully made boy!

    ReplyDelete