Thursday, August 5, 2010

I can breathe...but only for a moment


Our dossier(a collection of papers giving detailed information about a person) was sent yesterday! I will admit it was a crabby mom day. I ran all over Grand Rapids to get this finally put together, and had to bring my three munchkins with me. My van is acting up so I had to fit all three girls in the back of the car. Cars are not meant for three car seats. The day consisted of buckling, unbuckling, wiping bloody lips, stopping for the girls to use the bathroom due to tickle wars in the cramped backseat, and lastly sweating constantly due to extreme heat index. I talked with our caseworker, and she informed me that it would be likely that some of the paperwork would have to be redone. As you can imagine this is very discouraging. I am definitely sick of the paper chase part of this journey. I am so thankful however, that our agency and caseworker take the time to look over our dossier carefully to be sure there are no mistakes. I would rather have this than for it to go got Ethiopia and be sent back. This means we are one step closer to being put on the waiting list. I love to hear people talk about what number they are on the waiting list. It will be great to be given and number and know we are at least in the running!

3 comments:

  1. Way to go! What a relief! Hopefully you will have no revisions and have numbers THIS Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping you get your number so soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just let me know if you need my trusty notary seal again. I am very happy to help in any little way!!
    Crys O

    ReplyDelete