Friday, September 24, 2010

Why Blog?

Life has become very busy with Gabbie starting school, Jason coaching at Calvin, and lots of church activities. I have found that my time to sit down and have time on the computer is few and far between. I was contemplating getting rid of both of the blogs that I attempt to keep updated. After thinking about it for a few days, I realized I need to get rid of the decorating blog, but keep our adoption blog. I decided to keep our adoption blog for two reasons. First I want everyone to have a place to check up on our process and pray for us. Second I remember when we were feeling fear about starting this process and reading other people's blogs brought such comfort and excitement to me. I continue to follow many adoption blogs. They have been an amazing tool for learning about the process, and preparing for the unknowns of international adoption. If our blog can be this for another family being called to adoption then I am for sure keeping it going. The crazy thing is that it already has been this for a couple families. I have gotten a few messages on my facebook page stating that they had read my blog and are just getting into the process. It is amazing as I have said before the benefits and blessings of technology. I can't even imagine going through this without my blogging friends. Some of them I have never met, while some I met at the AGCI picnic. So after this long explanation, I am planning on keeping our adoption/family blog, but will be eliminating the decorating blog. I am sorry to those who follow the blog and enjoy it, but family life and sanity are much more important.

4 comments:

  1. My sister and her husband went to Calvin with you and Jason, (Tiffany and Sean Dimas) She led me to your blog because my husband and I just started the adoption process with Bethany. We are adopting from Colombia. I am so thankful you decided to keep your blog it has helped me and encouraged me knowing that one day I too will have a number! Thanks again and God bless you in your journey!
    Our blog is pairadicetoparadise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill, just wanted you to know that I enjoy reading your blog and am glad you are going to keep up with this one :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you know about the AGCI Ethiopia family group on yahoo groups? It is a wonderful, supportive group!

    Amanda
    txjonesadoption.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! I have gone through the same struggle. it is crazy to feel stress because i haven't had a chance to blog in a week! but ultimately I am happy that i have kept it up because it is an amazing testimony of God's faithfulness through the unknown. Now that we are home I can point people back to our blog posts from a year and a half ago and they can get a quick "edu" about the adoption process... wheeew. all that to say, "good choice." :)

    ReplyDelete