Monday, February 7, 2011

new numbers and a bit bummed

Our number came today. I had a feeling we were not going to see a big jump, but I wasn't prepared to be at the exact same number. I will admit it was a big let down. I had caught word through the adoption blog world that there had not been many referrals this month, but I was thinking at least we would move one number. Our case worker did leave these reasons why we may not have seen a jump in our numbers:

As you receive your numbers this month we want to remind you all of a few factors that go into the calculation of official numbers.

· At anytime we are issuing new numbers there may be families currently in the referral process. Families are not removed from the waitlist until all their official acceptance of referral documents are received by our office.

· Families may return to the waitlist at anytime due to extenuating circumstances including the difficult situation of losing a referral.

· Families ahead of you on the waitlist may alter their parameters at anytime assuming they have the approval of their social worker as well as our social services department.


I understand these reasons, but it still is hard to not move at all. As I write a song I sang in elementary school keeps coming to mind-

"They wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength they shall mount up on wings like eagles. They shall run and not grow weary they shall walk and not faint. Teach me Lord, teach me Lord to wait."

TEACH ME LORD TO WAIT

2 comments:

  1. Hey there, I was also bummed at the slow movement! The reasons that I have picked up on from the AGCI Listserv are 1) the embassy is now initiating investigations into almost all cases, which slows everything down. 2) the Ministry of Women's Affairs is in the process of changing locations, so many families are NOT passing court due to missing documents, which slows things down and 3)HH is almost at capacity because so few have been able to come get their kiddos. There are at least three families picking up kiddos next week, but the main thing is that there are SO many families just waiting to pass court. So that is where the need is- pray for the courtdates!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Guys
    Praying that next month's numbers will be an amazing jump ahead.
    Crys O

    ReplyDelete