Sunday, February 1, 2015

Shout It From the Mountaintop!!!!!!







How do I even begin to put into words the pure joy I have felt the past few days.  KAHSAY IS WALKING!!!!  I had no idea if I would ever be able to say these words.  In October of 2012, we were given little hope that we could expect Kahsay to walk.  His MRI was extremely unique and the areas the damage effected would have great impact on his development in all areas.  While we always held tight to fact that we serve a GREAT BIG GOD, we still proceeded with caution. I often questioned how to live life with the confidence that God can perform miracles, but at the same time living in the reality that something I so desperately desired may not be in God's plan for Kahsay.  All I can say is God gave me a peace that I can't explain.  It was OK.  I trusted.  I was gonna be ok even if Kahsay never walked.  It was well with my soul.  I rejoiced in his progress and praised God for miracle after miracle in Kahsay's life.   

And then it happened...........with no warning.............God moved mountains!!!!  I guess I thought I would have been prepared.  He had been walking with his walker for some time, but was still unable to stand on his own.  He hated using the walkers provided by school because he did not like to use his hands.  I knew he had to use his hands in order to walk.  That particular moment I was trying to videotape him attempting to stand and jump. I had no idea God was going to perform the most amazing miracle I could imagine at that moment.  It seriously felt like God waved his magic wand and "poof" Kahsay could walk.  I can't explain the overwhelming joy, and excitement I felt (as you can tell from my high pitched annoying screams and then blubbering sobs).  

I am not kidding when I say I wish I could have shouted from the mountaintops that we serve a God that is bigger than any mountain we face.   I recently saw a quote that read "Sometimes God moves our mountains, and sometimes God says take another lap".  It reminds me of the lyrics to the song "It is Well- Through it all"

Here is the link to the video. You have to listen to it!!!

Verse 1
Grander earth has quaked before
Moved by the sound of His voice
Seas that are shaken and stirred
Can be calmed and broken for my regard

Chorus
Through it all, through it all
My eyes are on You
Through it all, through it all
It is well
Through it all, through it all
My eyes are on You
It is well with me

Verse 2
Far be it from me to not believe
Even when my eyes can't see
And this mountain that's in front of me
Will be thrown into the midst of the sea

Chorus
Through it all, through it all
My eyes are on You
Through it all, through it all
It is well

Bridge
So let go my soul and trust in Him
The waves and wind still know His name
It is well with my soul
It is well with my soul
It is well with my soul
It is well with my soul
It is well it is well with my soul 


Through it all, through it all
My eyes are on You Lord
Through it all, through it all
It is well with me.


The times in my life when I have struggled the most with the mountains God has placed in my and other's lives is when I have taken my eyes off him.  My deepest moments of darkness were when Kahsay first came home and we were thrown into the storms of the medical/therapy world.  I allowed my mountains to swallow me because I took my eyes off of Him.  God will never leave us to deal with our mountains on our own.  He will either hold our hands every lap or dance with us when he moves the mountain.  How do we have the confidence God can move mountains yet live in the reality that sometimes it is not in His plan?  We keep our eyes on Him.  Only He can fill you with a peace that will allow you to testify "it is well, with my soul".  


1 comment:

  1. Oh, I can't tell you how many times I have watched that video. What a blessing that you had your camera running (another God thing!). We just never know when God is going to surprise us and wow what a surprise! I sat here by myself going "wow, Kahsay is walking!!" I wish you had kept the camera running so we could have heard more of your reaction:-) Too bad someone wasn't recording you:-) Can't even imagine your joy! God is SO good!!

    ReplyDelete