Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The Best Gift of All

During this Christmas season we are constantly trying to remind our children that while receiving presents is fun, the most precious gift they will ever receive is Jesus. On Sunday my singing group sang the well known song, "Mary Did You Know". I was asked to introduce the song which made me have to really think about the words I was singing. Did Mary REALLY understand how unordinary her child would be? He was brought into the world in such an ordinary way (besides that fact that he was born to a virgin). Did Mary REALLY know that her child would give sight to the blind, make the lame to walk, and perform miracles that would be talked about forever. Did Mary have any idea that her child would make it possible for a very ordinary family to give an orphan a forever family. Did she know that her child would make it possible over and over again for a family to provide an orphan with a dad, mom, and even siblings. Did she know that her child would make it possible for an orphan child to change the life of a very ordinary family before even meeting. I am so thankful for the gift God gave. I am so thankful for His amazing grace that I can share with our children. I hope and pray that next Christmas we will be thankful for the gift of the Messiah, but also the gift of a very unordinary child brought into our lives through adoption.

Gabbie told me yesterday that next year she is sure our favorite present will be her baby brother. (I hope she is right).

1 comment:

  1. Jill
    What a wonderful post. How could Mary have known without her heart bursting with love and adoration? May we all feel that wonder and thankfulness for the best gift of all.
    Crys O

    ReplyDelete