Monday, December 6, 2010

My Plan vs. God's Plan

I am not even sure where to begin this post except to say that God is amazing. It has been recent that I have had to priviledge of experiencing God's changing power. It has been recent that I have learned of God's work in my life. After finishing a 40 day Bible Study at church called "Life's Healing Choices", I have realized what God can do if you "let go and let God". It all began with our calling to adopt. I have said it before that this was not just an easy decision that was made overnight. Jason and I discussed it and spent our own time in prayer and meditation. God spoke very clearly to us not only through prayer but also by His people. I have always been a person who wishes to stay in my "comfort zone". I liked my security, order, and assurance of daily living. When God called us to adopt, it threw all of those things out the door. I was stuck in a rut of living life on my own and not really needing His help. I was so blind to the awesome work He can do if I let Him take hold of my life. Do not be mistaken, everyday I have to give it to Him, and sometimes numerous times. It is hard to finally allow God to use me "His" way instead of trying to live the Christian life "my" way. Even though His way causes me to have to fall on my knees more often, I am so thankful for those moments. The moments when he takes fear and turns it into trust, when He takes a selfish heart and turns it into a servant heart, when He takes the ill-equipped and promises to walk beside them, the moments when God's peace overcomes me and I know I have given to HIM. I know the life of trying to do it on my own with my own agenda; it is mundane, unfullfilling, and tiresome. The life of "letting go and letting God" is peaceful, fulfilling, and exciting. There are two songs that have meant a lot to me in the past few months. I will try to put the You Tube videos on, but if it doesn't work I will give you the names of the songs and you can listen to them on Youtube yourself.



No comments:

Post a Comment