Monday, March 22, 2010

My heart was left in Africa

It was almost 3 1/2 years ago when I boarded a plane to Uganda, Africa with the group I sing in "Alive". I never knew how much that trip would change my life. We went there to work with a Pastor of a church that was striving to bring the word of Christ to the University students in Kampala (the capital of Uganda). We flew in late at night without the majority of our luggage, including our microphones. In my mind I wondered what God was thinking letting this happen when we were going there to use our gift of singing to bring His word to the students. We quickly learned He was trying to teach us to trust Him. I could go on and on about our trip and all of the amazing things God did during it, but I would be writing for hours. The people we met and the churches and groups we sang for were such a blessing. It was so hard to leave even though I missed Gabbie and Jason soooooooooo much. When I came home I felt as if part of me still wanted to be in Africa. This is so interesting when I think of where we are today. Never in my wildest dreams did I think God would call me to once again return to Africa and bring part of it home with me. Maybe God was preparing me 3 years ago for this journey that we are on now. Just as God reminded us to TRUST Him 3 years ago in Africa, He is constantly telling me TRUST ME through this process. I am so thankful for His faithfulness and goodness. I am sooooo excited to visit Africa again, but this time I will leave with one of the most beautiful things Africa has to offer.

KAMPALA PICTURES:



No comments:

Post a Comment