Friday, March 19, 2010

We are finally getting back to normal. Maia still is doing her breathing treatments every 4-5 hours, which means I get to have plenty of cuddle time with her. She sits perfectly as long as I have a movie on for her. As I sat and stared at her cute chubby cheeks, and long eyelashes, I realized that our little guy may not get to have cuddle time when he is a baby. Most of the time I am available to my kids when they need to be soothed from a boo boo, hugged for hurt feelings, or just kissed because I can't help it. Children who are born into an orphanage do not have these luxuries at their disposal. It does not mean their caregivers do not desire to give them hugs and kisses, it just means they only have so much time, and so many arms for so many children. I guess I am looking forward to giving him as much cuddle time as he will need. Like any woman who is pregnant and looking forward to meeting her baby, I too am looking forward to meeting our little man. I have the excitement of wondering what he will look like, but the anxiety of hoping he will love us and bond to us. I know all of these details are in God's hands, but sometimes I just can't help but wonder and even worry sometimes.

1 comment:

  1. So glad my granddaughter helped me figure out how to respond on here!! I walked through this adoption process with one of my granddaughter's a couple of years ago. So you are in my prayers for this to go smoothly and quickly. I know you will be a blessing to this "little guy" when he gets here. Blessings, Delores

    ReplyDelete