Thursday, April 22, 2010

I am so amazed at the generosity of people. Everyone who has offered items, time, and help for our fundraiser has blown me away. I will admit I was hesitant to do a fundraiser, but a wise person from our church encouraged me that we need to give people the opportunity to give. I really never thought of it this way. I was so worried about asking people for money, or help; I needed to swallow my pride and admit to myself that there are many people who feel very strongly about adoption. We get many people who say they would love to adopt but are not able to, so they will support us instead. I will post all of the items up for auction so stay tuned.

We had our first meeting with our social worker on Tuesday evening. It went great! She is very easy going which definitely fits our personality. Gabbie and Alexa could not wait to answer any questions she had for them. Gabbie asked a few and answered her questions very well. Alexa on the other hand spent time telling her that she can ride a big girl bike, and jump from the couch to the coffee table. She really does not fully understand this process. It was precious to hear the girl's version of what is going to happen. We also realized that we are making progress on our paperwork. My mom offered to come up on Friday for the day so that I could go get birth certificates, social security cards, and finish a few odds and ends for our paperchase. Hopefully this will make another good dent in that huge binder.

No comments:

Post a Comment