Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Lately I have received very mixed messages from others about our adoption. I have had responses that range from, "It is so amazing you are adopting, I have always wanted to do the same.", to " I hope you know what you are doing and are not adopting some 5 year old kid who is rebellious and unable to attach." I am obviously struggling with the negative responses. I usually smile and give them a bit of background of our process. I have no other response than to tell them that I am only following God's leading and taking a leap of faith. As I said in my very first post, God did not call us to lead a life of comfort and ease. He has called us to sacrifice for Him, and be His servants. This process is not easy. I have asked God for His leading and strength everyday. It makes it especially hard when other people talk so negative. I am aware that there are definite struggles and hardships that will present themselves as we raise our children. We have no guarantees that even our biological children will not fall from God. The only hope that I have is that God is in control; although I need to be reminded of this EVERYDAY!!! This life is not mine. Every child deserves to be loved and raised by a family who loves them. Every child presents hardships and struggles. Every child is loved by God. Do I fear that our child will not attach or have medical problems that overwhelm me? ABSOLUTELY. Do I believe that God is faithful and will carry us through? ABSOLUTELY!!! I am thankful for this process and look forward to God stretching me and teaching me to trust Him.

3 comments:

  1. No mixed message from me. You will do great- no matter what. God called, you listened. We should all do more of that.
    Crys O

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill - I can't believe that people would say such stupid things (well, I can - but still...!) Don't forget that God has called you to this journey and he will give you the strength and wisdom to handle whatever obstacles come your way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jill: You have felt so strongly about what you are doing - God will give you the strength to handle whatever comes your way. Stay strong and be encouraged by the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete