Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Alexa took a great nap this afternoon. The negative was that she had a hard time falling asleep at bedtime. We heard her singing in the monitor, so I decided to go down there and lay with her for a while. Our conversation went like this:

Alexa - " Mom, you have blue eyes."
Me - " No honey, mom has green eyes."
Alexa - " Boys are more handsomer and girls are more pretty. Gabbie and me are pretty and daddy is kind of handsome."
Me - " Yes honey, daddy is kind of handsome."
Alexa - "God made all of us different. He had to make us different. It is good we are all different."

I sat and looked at her for a bit, and then she said this..
Alexa - "Mom, crocodiles can bite you and you should not go by them. They have teeth that could really hurt you. If you ever see a crocodile you should run away."

I laughed and gave her kiss goodnight. I love how a 3 year olds mind can switch subjects so quickly. It was one of those "your so cute I want to squeeze you" moments.

1 comment: