Tuesday, February 23, 2010

PRAY

A few nights ago I was wide awake in bed from 2:00-4:00. At this time of night when there is nothing else to distract you from your own thoughts, my mind begins to go crazy. I think of so much. My thoughts last night ranged from, "Do I have snack for coffee break tomorrow?, Why am I not tired? Why does Alexa keep yelling my name?, I cannot believe Maia has not made a peep since 7:00. What else should we be doing for our adoption?, Will everything in Ethiopia remain stable so our adoption can continue?, Maybe I should read a book. Why does Alexa keep yelling my name?" After these thoughts raced in my mind for an hour or so, Maia decided to wake up. Instead of dealing with trying to get her back to sleep I just got up with her and sat on the couch for a bit. As my eyes wandered around they became fixed on the word PRAY that is above my kitchen cabinets. I quickly realized that God had a sense of humor. So often I end the day and realize I did not take time out to kneel before Him in prayer. My excuse is almost always that it is not easy to find quiet time to pray when I have three munchkins running around. I think God taught me a lesson last night. If I cannot find time to put Him first during the day, He will make it possible for me during the night. Needless to say I put Maia back to bed and spent some time thanking God for His great idea. I thanked Him for the quiet time He provided for me and asked that He help me put Him first during the day. Why do I insist on trying to make it in life on my own? I am not capable of handling the pressures of life without Him. Thank you Lord for reminding me that you are with me and desire for me to seek you.

No comments:

Post a Comment