Thursday, February 11, 2010

Surrender

The devil has been hard at work here at the Boersma home. However, do not worry, he has not distracted us from our calling and our dependence on God. Last week our toilet broke and ruined our bathroom floor in the basement. I am so thankful to my brother who came over and fixed it. He is always helping us out of our plumbing problems. Our next step will be to find cheap flooring to replace the ruined. In addition to the toilet, our van needed a new battery. Not a huge expense, but one that was not exactly welcomed. If this was not enough, yesterday Jason was on the phone with our bank because our credit card number had been stolen and used in Florida. They had successfully charged almost $800.00. I am so thankful to Lake Michigan Credit Union for closing our account when a few of the transactions were declined. The devil may feel that he has stressed us out, but through all of this I felt such a peace. I know that God is incontrol. If this would have happened at the beginning of this process, my reaction may have been one of anxiety. God is definitely working on me. I have always struggled to surrender ALL to Him. Why do I feel the need to hold onto the things that I cannot control. It an odd sort of way I am thankful for the events of the past few weeks. I cannot honestly say that I have given ALL to Him, but I have definitely made great progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment