Sunday, January 24, 2010

He Knows My Name

Today in our church service we sang the song "He Knows My Name". These are the lyrics:

I have a Maker
He formed my heart
Before even time began
My life was in his hands

I have a Father
He calls me His own
He'll never leave me
No matter where I go

He knows my name
He knows my every thought
He sees each tear that falls
And He hears me when I call

This song carried a different meaning for me than it had before we started the adoption process. I love the fact that even though our child may not exist yet, he is in God's hands. Even though we may not meet him until he is a bit older, God will never leave him. God already knows his name. I love this. What a peace this brings to a mother's heart. I am so thankful to belong to a God that knows our every thought, and sees each tear that falls. I would pray the parents of our child will know our Lord. I pray they too can have the peace that their child is forever in His hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment