Thursday, January 21, 2010

We have had an interesting couple days in the Boersma house. It has been very quiet. My mom took Alexa and Maia home with her for a couple days because I was totally out of commission. I went to bed on Tuesday night with some pain in my neck and upper back. During the night I woke up and nudged Jason to let him know he had to put Maia's pacifier in. I was unable to move without extreme pain shooting through those areas. Jason ended up writing lesson plans and dropping them off at school at 4:00 am. I tried to sleep sitting straight up on the couch. Needless to say neither of us slept well. In the morning I was only able move in small increments, or my muscles would spasm. To make a long story short, after two trips to the chiropractor and one more tomorrow I am told my spine is messed up and needs major help. I guess I should have done my back physical therapy when I was told. I am feeling much better today. I had never been to a chiropractor, but they might have become my best friends. This did short stop to anything getting done for the adoption this week. I think we can finally get back on track.
Please pray for those families who have traveled to Haiti to pick up their children. Praise God that the government is trying to make the process go quickly in order to get these orphans a home.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your back, Jill! We hope you get better soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will be praying with you on this journey. Hope you are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete