Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Our Conference Call

We had a 1/2 hour conference call with AGCI today. It's definitely a lot of material all thrown at you at once. Jason and I were a bit overwhelmed but realize this will not be the last time we feel this way. I am so thankful for a Christian organization and for the support and encouragement they have already given us. Our next step is to start some paperwork and then into the homestudy. They told us right now it is about a 12 month wait for a boy from Ethiopia. We thought that meant from the time our paperwork was finished, but she informed us it was from the time you start the process. Obviously there are many things that could cause it to be longer, but that definitely got my heart beating quickly. I am excited for that and a bit nervous at the same time.
Today I was on an African Name website, and started reading a few names to Jason. Alexa gave us her list of names she liked for a baby brother: Julie and Sally. I guess she has been surrounded by too many girls in her life, she can't even come up with boy names.

4 comments:

  1. Julie and Sally are prefectly acceptable :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I just happened upon your blog. We are also an AGCI family and are currently #16 officially for a boy (but more like #12 unofficially).

    I just wanted to welcome you to the AGCI family :)

    My biggest piece of advice - not that you asked :) Is to get background checks sent off ASAP. It seems like states and particularly the FBI are taking an extra long time to approve fingerprints.

    Anyway, I look forward to following your journey AGCI is amazing!!! If you have any questions feel free to email me at thekeyserfamily@gmail.com

    Good luck with that paperchase :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you know the Osterinks like the name Julie and Sally has always been a favorite of mine. :) It's great following/stalking you this way.
    Crys O

    ReplyDelete
  4. I personally am a fan of Julie. :)

    My mom she mentioned you were in the adoption process. Excited to see how God works!

    ReplyDelete